Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And another one

Last year I was "asked" to contribute to a journal that I considered fake, Modern Applied Science, and I blogged about it.

This year it is not so generic, they refer to a paper that I published online a few years ago:

Dear Debora Weber-Wulff,
I read your article of “Learning Software Engineering via Internet” on line.I know that you are an expert in this area.

I am Cindy,the editor of "International Education Studies (IES)" ,which is a peer-reviewed, open access journal, published by Canadian Center of Science and Education.The scopes of the journal include, but not limited to, the following topic areas: education, training and educational administration.The journal is published in both printed and online versions. The online version is free access and download.Please click on "about" above to see information on editorial board, policies, submissions etc.

It’s my honor to invite you to contribute manuscripts to our journal. Please find more details athttp://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ies/index/.

If you have any questions, please contact with me at: [].

It is appreciated if you could share this information with your colleagues and associates. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Cindy Xu
Editor
International Education Studies
Canadian Center of Science and Education
*************************************
Add: 4915 Bathurst St. Unit #209-309, Toronto, ON. M2R 1X9
I love the language misuse and the missing commas after periods.  Google now has Streetview here, so we can see that the Canadian Center of Science and Education is in a shopping center:
Finchurch Plaza, 4915 Bathurst St., Toronto, Ontario




and it has interesting neighbors: an Asian  grocery, a Subway, a nail studio, a dentist, a florist, a shoe repair, a podiatrist. And not to forget the Buck Stop. 

Is this a legitimate scientific endeavor? I think not.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this warning. I got an email from the same publisher today although it was for another journal title and in better English. I was asked to contribute and be on the editorial board. The address was different (1120 Finch Avenue West, Toronto) and according to google it is a proper office block so that's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I got an email from a different journal from the same country so I searched for "Canadian Center of Science and Education". I found your blog. As non-British English speakers (I'm an American and your German), we missed another major error. They misspell "Center". Canadians use British spelling and Center should be "Centre". Furthermore, this is ironic because many scams in America spell center as centre to look more prestigious.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that I moderate comments. Any comments that I consider unscientific will not be published.